Sunday, November 18, 2012

Geungsi vs. War Chicken

The more people like The Heroic Sisterhood - The Ladies' Asian Action Cinema Appreciation Society, the more I feel like a stranger on my own page.  

I started the page a couple years ago as a place for women to express their perspectives on Asian Action Cinema.  The Sisterhood is a pretty wonderful team consisting of  Ninjasquid, Deb Martin and Meredith Lewis (with an occasional visit from Barbara Guillard and Marla Mize).  I thank these women, and the other ladies and gents who make it special, for their input, creativity and endurance.  Without them I am nothing.  

The page kinda snowballed a while back and now people from all over the world look at the page, comment and post photos.  I feel weird because I don't know them.  



I feel just like a geungsi running away from a horde of miniature war chickens.
I'm sure you know that feeling.

I never thought the page would reach past my own friends. Now almost everybody I "talk to" is a stranger. 

Some days I avoid the page. Some days I post weird pictures and write a lot of cuss words and crazy stuff. Maybe to test their reactions, maybe to rebel.  Maybe because I'm an asshole who deals with morbid, innate shyness by throwing obnoxious tantrums. Or maybe just because I like to cuss a lot.  

Part of me wants those strangers to go away.  But they don't.  They just keep coming like a relentless horde of miniature war chickens. 

I'd happily take a war chicken-immunity pill if there was one. But there isn't, so I don't know what to do.  Until a cure for war chickens is found, I'll be in my Happy Hong Kong Movie Hermit Cave watching movies with my dogs.


I thank my page sisters for holding down the fort when I get grumpy. And I thank all my friends for dropping by to share their photos, jokes and good conversation, and for putting up with my moody crap. You guys are all saints.  

4 comments:

  1. Love the blog! I'm nominating you for a Liebster Award!!! Check out the link for more details:

    http://z-portal.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that is very thoughtful! I've been so busy with the FB page and a couple other projects that I have neglected this blog. Gotta get back to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also the characters saying "I want chicken! I want chicken!" in this movie
    http://hkmovies.timchuma.com/theswordstainedwithroyalblood.htm

    ReplyDelete